Woman Describes Experience Of Being Falsely Accused Of Murder (VIDEO)

Nearly a year ago, Derica says she witnessed her best friend, Will’s, murder — and she was arrested and wrongly accused of the crime.



“That night was probably the most shocking, scariest night of my life,” Derica says, explaining that she and Will were in bed talking, when a gunman stormed into the room and opened fire. “I was kidnapped. The shooter had me leave with them and forced me to a house nearby. They held me against my will. I thought, ‘This is where I’m going to die.’”



After a number of hours, a SWAT team rescued Derica, and she was taken into custody. “I thought I would be giving my story, and my mom would be coming to pick me up,” the 27-year-old says. “The next thing you know, I’m being charged with first-degree murder.” After six days behind bars, the charges were dropped, and she was freed.



But Derica says after being released, her life got worse, and she hid from society for a month. "People on social media were very ugly. People called me a murderer, a whore, crackhead, worthless piece of scum,” she recalls.



Now pregnant and struggling to get her life back on track, Derica turns to Dr. Phil for help. “I feel like Will’s murder is going to haunt me for the rest of my life,” she says.



Watch the video above as Derica describes the night that changed her life, and tune in Wednesday to hear Phil’s sobering wake-up call for the mom-to-be.





Need Dr. Phil's help in your life? Share your story here .



Like Dr. Phil | Follow Dr. Phil | Be on the Show | Ask Dr. Phil





from The Huffington Post | The Full Feed http://ift.tt/1C6bktP

via IFTTT

Comments

Popular Posts