Tea Party Patriot James Webb Says He May Vote For Hillary Clinton

A Tea Party conservative may be about to do what many in his movement consider unthinkable: vote for Hillary Clinton for president in 2016.



"I asked myself, ‘Which party has helped me out the most in the last, I don’t know, 15 years, 20?’ And it was the Democrats," James Webb, a 51-year-old charter member of his local Tea Party Patriots said in a video blog posted on YouTube. "If it wasn’t for Obama and that Obamacare, I would still be working.”



Webb said the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, has allowed him to stop working without having to worry about paying high premiums for health insurance.



"I don’t trust the Republicans anymore because they’re wanting to repeal the Obamacare," Webb said in the clip. "And I don’t want them to do that, man, because then I’ll have to go to work again. My life’s already planned out.”



On the other hand, Webb may be "exhibit A" of why some Tea Partiers dislike the Affordable Care Act because in other videos on his "Hot Lead retired" channel, he boasts about how Obamacare has allowed him to retire at the age of 50.



"Since Obama changed the rules, I took advantage of it and I quit my job and I got on Obamacare because I'm not going to work my ass off and pay higher taxes and pay higher insurance premiums just so I can pay for somebody else's health insurance while they're sitting on their ass at their house," Webb said. "So if anybody's going to be sitting on their ass at the house and getting their insurance paid for it's going to be my ass."



Webb has also written in the comments that he still believes Obamacare violates the Constitution, but "I made it work in my favor."



He's worried that if a Republican repeals the Affordable Care Act, he may have to go back to work. And as a result, he said he may vote for Clinton in next year's election.



"I voted for a Republican for 32 years. I'm a charter member of my Tea Party Patriot chapter. I'm also a veteran of the U.S. Army under Reagan," Webb said. "But things have changed. Unless the Republicans change with it, I'm probably going to have to swing my vote over to Hillary."



Webb's YouTube channel has been active since 2007, has more than 750 subscribers and more than 1 million total views. It's described as "a gun channel about having fun and Shooting all types of weapons from semi to full auto and other fun stuff that hillbilly's do." Many of the clips are about guns, but Webb also posts rants about gay characters on "The Walking Dead," what he called "crazy-ass Ferguson protestors" and "annoying vegans and global warming."





(h/t Mediaite)

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.






from The Huffington Post | The Full Feed http://ift.tt/1yxdLuA

via IFTTT

Comments

Popular Posts