28 Apologies You Should Make To Your Personal Trainer Right Now

Personal trainers are amazing motivators who can help us reach our fitness goals, transform our bodies for the better, and even serve as the inspiration for us to jump-start a new and healthier lifestyle.



However, in order to be that push people need to reach their fitness goals, personal trainers are also the ones who end up in your face at 6 a.m., demanding “just one more rep” right when you feel as if you’ll pass out from exhaustion.



In hopes of limiting the amount of bad BO, eye rolls and chronic complaints these fitness gurus face every day -- and to remind us all that standard gym etiquette still exists! -- we’ve partnered with New Balance to collectively say “I’m sorry” (and “thank you!”) to personal trainers and coaches everywhere.



1. I’m sorry I was running late this morning and didn’t have time to brush my teeth … or apply deodorant. Try not to inhale too deeply when correcting my form.

2. I’m sorry for sharing all of my big fitness goals with you, then failing to take the workout -- and your nutrition advice -- seriously.

3. I’m sorry I forgot my checkbook. Is it cool if I just pay you next week?

4. I’m sorry for hiring you to help me lose 20 pounds before a vacation that’s just two weeks away, even though those results are humanly impossible.

5. I’m sorry for booking a 6 a.m. session, then sleeping through all four of my alarms. I know that doesn't give you time to rebook another client.



new balance



7. I'm sorry for constantly asking you, "How do I get rid of this?" while grabbing my underarm jiggle, then groaning through the exercises you recommend.

8. I’m sorry my early morning gas levels too accurately reflected the amount of greasy cheat meals I had over the weekend.

9. I'm sorry for falling off the treadmill this morning because I went out until 4 a.m. the night before our session and showed up still drunk.

10. I'm sorry I don't ever re-rack weights ... Isn’t that your job?



new balance



12. I'm sorry I sometimes mistake you for a therapist and end up crying about my relationship and family issues -- then asking for personal advice.

13. I’m sorry I intentionally didn’t answer my phone when you called demanding I get my butt to the gym.

14. I’m sorry I blew you off for happy hour, even though I told you I was going to cut back on booze for my diet’s sake.

15. I'm sorry that whenever you ask me when my last workout was, I always respond with, "When was the last time I saw you?" … even though I’m technically supposed to be training on my own, too.



new balance



17. I'm sorry I asked you deeply personal questions about your life just to get you talking so I could take a water break.

18. I’m sorry for showing up to a workout and asking if we can limit the amount of “sweaty” exercises today since I have plans later. I know sweat-free exercises won’t actually give me the results I want.

19. I’m sorry I forgot my sports bra. Can we skip cardio today?



new balance



21. I’m sorry for complaining that I didn’t have enough time to work out this week ... the same week I binge-watched “House of Cards” for 12 hours.

22. I’m sorry I forgot a towel -- again -- and let my sweat spray all over you for an hour.

23. I’m sorry for saving you in my phone as “Do Not Answer.” If we met outside of the gym, we’d probably be friends.



new balance



25. I’m sorry for refusing to sweat until I’ve finished my coffee.

26. I'm sorry I smacked your hand away when you held my legs down during leg raises. I know you were only trying to help.

27. I'm sorry I called you the devil the first time you made me foam roll. (It still hurts, though.)



new balance



Working up the energy to hit the gym -- or the road for a run -- can be tough. Abandon your excuses with New Balance’s new CUSH+ training and running sneakers. These fashionable styles combine flexibility and fit with the CUSH+ technology that offers superior comfort. You can purchase these at DSW stores and www.dsw.com .



from The Huffington Post | The Full Feed http://ift.tt/1FeCdxC

via IFTTT

Comments

Popular Posts