'Curly Sue' Star Alisan Porter Stages Her Comeback On 'The Voice'




Get ready for Alisan Porter's big return. 


In the first preview clip of Season 10 of "The Voice," the former child star, who played the titular cutie in the 1991 film "Curly Sue," slays her blind audition. Now 34, Porter sings Linda Ronstadt's version of "Blue Bayou" on the show, and impresses all four coaches. 


Both Adam Levine and returning coach Christina Aguilera greet Porter onstage, begging her to join their teams, while Blake Shelton and Pharrell are touched as she reveals her child star past. 


"Honestly, I was going through a hard time in life," Porter says after her performance. "And then, I actually got sober eight years ago and I fell in love and I had children and that was my goal to just be a good mom. And I really feel like the universe just had a plan for me because you guys turned for me today."



Porter appeared on "Oprah: Where Are They Now?" last year and revealed that she doesn't regret leaving a life of stardom behind. 


"I think anyone that's had ups and downs would have regrets about leaving a career that was solidified at such a young age. Because, of course, you're always going to look back and say, 'I would be richer if I had stayed in the business. Or maybe I would have won an Academy Award by now.'" she said. "I don't know if I feel like they are 'regrets' because I absolutely love my life today, and I wouldn't change it for anything."


Find out which coach Porter chooses to work with when Season 10 of "The Voice" premieres on Feb. 29 at 8 p.m. EST on NBC. 

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.



from The Huffington Post | The Full Feed http://ift.tt/1RsGuGv
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular Posts