Iraq War Veteran Noah Galloway Earns Standing Ovation On 'Dancing With The Stars'

During his second deployment to Iraq in 2005, Noah Galloway almost lost his life to a roadside bomb. Six days after the explosion, Galloway woke up at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland. He had survived, but he’d lost his left arm and his left leg.



A decade later, Galloway is making waves as a competitor on ABC's “Dancing With The Stars.” In the latest episode of the competition, which aired Monday, the veteran shared his inspiring story -- and wowed the audience with a stellar performance.



(Watch Galloway’s segment in the video above. Tissues are strongly recommended.)



As Galloway explained on the show, his journey to the “DWTS” stage has been a tumultuous one. Following the explosion, he fell into a state of despair.



“I would sit at home by myself and drink,” he said.



It took time for Galloway to heal emotionally, but eventually, he learned to accept his injury and started living a healthier life.



“I really looked in the mirror and quit looking at what I was missing and paid more attention to what I still had left,” Galloway said. “I realized I had to make a change and it had to happen fast.”



This week on “DWTS,” Galloway and his partner, Sharna Burgess, impressed the judges and the audience with an athletic contemporary dance performance.



Judge Julianne Hough held back tears as she offered her feedback to the duo.



“You astonish us every single week,” Hough told Galloway.



Len Goodman, another one of the judges, added, as he got to his feet: “You are an inspiration, and I think everyone here should stand up and applaud you.”



Those gathered in the studio gladly obliged as they loudly whooped and cheered for him.



“It’s like I had to be injured,” said Galloway as he reflected on his journey. “I had to go through that dark time to get where I am today.”



from The Huffington Post | The Full Feed http://ift.tt/1afoPRy

via IFTTT

Comments

Popular Posts